Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Creamy Tomato Pasta {Pin a Week 4/52}

This is definitely one of the best recipes I've found on Pinterest!

Click here to view the original recipe
I'm a sucker for pasta, all kinds. I love the tang of a good tomato sauce and the richness of a good cream sauce, and this blends the two together perfectly!

I pretty much followed the recipe this time, especially after last week's flop, but I did do a few things different. First of all, I added some sweet Italian sausage for some protein and flavor. I also used quite a bit more garlic... maybe even 3x as much. We really like garlic around here, okay? ;) It was just the right amount for our taste.

Last of all, I took a shortcut and just used bottled Alfredo sauce instead of making my own. I died a little inside doing that since I know how much better homemade cream sauce is, but I could't justify buying the ingredients since I know we'd probably never end up using the remainder. It called for 3/4 cup whole milk and 1/2 cup half and half, and I just couldn't justify buying a half gallon of milk and a carton of half and half that would most likely end up going to waste. Well, that and I didn't want to go to the store... heh heh. ;) Maybe that had more to do with it than anything, but whatever. It still tasted great with the bottled sauce, but one of these days I'm going to have to try using a homemade cream sauce.

Anyway, it was definitely a hit and I'm sure the leftovers won't last long! I'll be making this again for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment