Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Five things you might not know about me

Because I love lists. And I've got writer's block. ;)

1. I love thrift stores. Some of my favorite articles of clothing, furniture, decorations, etc are from thrift stores. Oh, the things you can find! I might have to do a post on some of the best and worst things I've found. 

2. I have a secret dream of being a fashion designer. When I was little, I would draw pictures of dresses I wanted to make. One of the reasons I want to improve my sewing abilities is so I can create some of the visions I have in my head. I need lots of practice before then. :)

3. My favorite food of all time is Dallin's pizza margherita. It is perfection. Homemade crust with a little rosemary mixed in, sauce made from fresh tomatoes, and basil leaves on top... Mmmm. I think the fact that we pick the rosemary and basil from our own plants makes it even better. ;) I might have to post the recipe one of these days. It's making me hungry thinking about it so let's move on, shall we? 

Picture taken last summer. Looks amazing, right? And the pizza looks good too. ;)

4. I'm a little overly sensitive about the sounds some people make when they eat. I can handle a little bit of noise, but anything else is enough to make me nauseated. When dear Mother Nature is on her monthly rounds it is 10x worse, so I'm kind of worried that I will be eating in seclusion when I'm pregnant. ;)

5. I hate shaving. No really, I do. I've made a goal to do it once a week. We'll see how that goes. ;) When I was in Russia, I decided I wouldn't shave for the 4 months I spent there, and I stuck with that decision... even though towards the end even I was getting a little grossed out. (And that's saying something.)

2 comments:

  1. I love thrift stores in the most possible biggest way of loving thrift stores. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you might not have writer's block. I see at least a couple of good posts to look forward to in the future! That pizza looks delicious and I think you should work on your sewing skills and then post about all the pretty things you make so I can attempt to make them as well! :]

    ReplyDelete