Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Warm weather, good books, and daffodils

I've been having some serious beach withdrawal lately. 

I used to go camp on the coast near San Diego every year (at least) with my family and I haven't been back for a few years. I miss it. It also doesn't help that it seems like everyone I know and their dog is at the beach right now for Spring Break and they like to rub it in with pictures of golden sunsets, foamy waves, and sandy toes. Ya'll are killing me.

Thankfully, the weather here has pretty much been perfection all week and that helps a lot. It actually feels like Spring! When we got 6 inches of snow last weekend I seriously wondered if it would ever get warm again, and the very next day it was 25 degrees warmer, the sun was shining, and my warmth-loving heart was happy. Very happy indeed.

Besides thoroughly enjoying the fact that I get to sleep in and will only be wearing Sunday clothes on Sundays  for the next couple weeks (seminary teacher problems...), here's what I've been doing to celebrate Spring Break:

1. Reading, particularly outside in this glorious weather. I even found some green grass! 


2. Tree gazing (also known as embracing my inner hippie). You can't see them in this picture, but this tree is sprinkled with new little green leaves. Makes me happy. :)


3. Bike riding on the cute beach cruiser Dallin gave me for my birthday last year. I would prefer to be riding in on the boardwalk, but you know... a quick trip to pick up some "essentials" is a close second. :)


Nothing says Spring quite like some cheery daffodils. Don't you agree? :) Spring flowers are my favorite. 

4. Playing with my new camera and trying out different ways to edit my pictures





This doesn't exactly show off my mad camera skillz (that was sarcasm) but we're cute and I had to include it. ;)
5. Gettin' my crafty on (or at least attempting to do so)


Making an insert for my purse so I can use it as a camera bag... so far so good! I've also been experimenting with different ways to make bows/headbands but I don't have a picture of that. 





I have a secret dream of becoming a graphic designer... I need lots of practice. ;) Oh, and some rather expensive software that I will probably never have... :P I'm not a huge fan of how these two turned out, but it is still fun to play around and I did print off the first one to frame.

6. A whole lot of wearing sweats and doing nothing. 

And boy, does it feel good.

4 comments:

  1. There's something so romantic about fresh fruit and flowers in a bicycle basket. I can't wait for it to warm up a bit so I can read outside with my bicycle parked next to me and I snack on fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to the beach withdrawal. I have been dreaming of Lake Powell all morning. (That sort of counts as a beach, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikaela,
    I know we go back and forth about this every day on each others' blogs all day, but we are the SAME!

    I love it.

    I basically said me too to everything you wrote. Even the beach withdrawals, bike riding, and secretly dreaming of being a graphic designer, even though I have no resources/skills at all. Haha.

    Love your "He is Risen" signs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shot of the tree and the ones of the temple! What camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete