Sunday, April 7, 2013

Come, listen to a prophet's voice

Twice a year, once in April and once in October, my church holds a general conference. Our prophet, apostles, and other church leaders speak to us during sessions on Saturday and Sunday. These are my two favorite weekends of the year. I absolutely love to hear the powerful words of guidance, comfort, and inspiration from those wonderful men and women!

Plus, because it is broadcast over the internet and on the BYU channel, it means that we get to watch it while snuggling on the couch in our PJs. Could it get any better? :)

Side note: I think one of the things I loved most about conference weekend this year was not wearing Sunday clothes for TWO DAYS in a row. #seminaryteacherproblems

I always take notes during conference, partially to help me stay focused, because let's be honest... 8 hours of church is a long time! ;) They are usually pretty messy because I try to do the impossible and write down every single good thing that anyone says. I started out the Saturday AM session (there are two 2-hour sessions on Saturday and Sunday, one AM and one PM) doing just that, but my friend Kylie inspired me to do something different this year. Instead of writing down everything, I just wrote down a few of my favorite quotes as well as the impressions I had. 

I made the quotes I did write down cute (just for funsies) and posted quite a few of them to Instagram. I jumped on the #conferencedoodles hashtag and it was fun to see what other people were doing as well!


Preach.
What perfect words of comfort. Love it. And love Elder Holland.
And for that I am so thankful.


I loved this so much. 
This was probably my favorite quote!  



I just love our prophet! Isn't he adorable too?

I am so thankful for my religion. It really is everything to me, and I know that it is because of my faith and through living the best I can that I am happy and successful in my life. Watching General Conference always renews that appreciation and gets me all excited about the beautiful gospel of Jesus Christ all over again! The church is true and I absolutely love it! :D

Conference weekend also demands good food. We started it off with waffles and berries.


Tonight, we made the amazing pizza margherita. (I really need to post the recipe for this. It is life-changing.)


Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. 1) This is so great. Makes me want to go back and re-listen to all the talks from the whole weekend again.
    2) Super cute doodles!
    3) Seriously, when are you going to invite us over for some of that freakin' pizza??

    ReplyDelete