Friday, May 10, 2013

My hippie mama, Kid President, and dirty dishes

This one goes out to all the mothers out there, especially the ones that feel overwhelmed, under-appreciated, and sleep-deprived, and the ones that have piles of dirty dishes that match their piles of happy children. You're more loved than you think, more appreciated than you know (or at least you will be once your stubborn, feisty red-headed daughter is old enough to realize what they put you through... Definitely not speaking from experience here), and your kids will be grateful that you spent your time on them rather than those pesky dishes. 


Mama, thanks for putting up with all 10 of us kids and keeping my big brother from giving me all of most of the wet willies, swirlies, and other forms of torture he would have loved to inflict upon me. Thanks for making me do my own laundry, take care of those smelly (but cute) chickens and goats, for not feeding us meatloaf, liver, or other nasty things, and for being significantly more than one sixteenth hippie, contrary to Dallin's beliefs. ;)

Oh, and thanks for not naming me "phone". Mikaela is much better. 

Happy (early) Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment