Thursday, May 9, 2013

Outfit a day every day in May {week one}

This month I am doing Harley from Harley and Jane's "outfit a day every day in May" (#ootdeverydaymay) challenge. If you follow me on instagram, this is why I'm spamming up your feed this month with lots of pictures of me looking awkward in my outfit of the day. It makes me feel a little self-centered to share so many pictures of myself, but it's fun to look over all my outfits and see that I don't always look frumptastic, plus it motivates me to get creative and not wear the same thing every day!

P.S. If you are wondering why so many of these are a little on the dressy side, it's because I am a seminary teacher so I have to get to wear a skirt/dress 6 days a week, or even sometimes 7 if we go to the temple. Basically, the days that just show me in a dress or skirt are the days when I changed into sweats when I got home and never put on a more casual outfit. 
Go ahead, judge me. I probably deserve it. 

And so, without further ado, I present to you week one of my outfits from every day this month! 

May 1
I love this dress, even though it is a little "princessy".
If you want to read more about how I refashioned this (and see how pretty the detail is at the collar!), click here
Dress: thrifted and refashioned by me, shoes: Ross.

May 2
This is a pretty typical casual outfit for me. I love jeans, especially cuffed skinnies. 
Top: DownEast Basics, jeans: Old Navy, shoes: Ross, belt: Fover 21.

May 3 & 4
The 4th was a busy Saturday spent doing house/yard work, hence the exercise clothes.
(On the left) Top: Ross(?), jeans and scarf: Old Navy, shoes: Target.
(On the right) I think I got my Nikes at Ross, and I don't know where the rest is from
(Who cares anyway, right? It's just exercise clothes!)


May 5 
I love, love, love this dress! It is so comfortable and feminine.
Dress: thrifted, cardigan and belt: Forever 21, shoes: Ross
(I wear these shoes a lot, can you tell?)

May 6
Purple is not my favorite color, especially to wear, but I do like this dress!
I think the scarf helped break up the color a bit. 
Dress: thrifted, scarf: Old Navy, shoes: Charlotte Russe

May 7 & 8
Those heels are one of my favorite purchases from Russia! They are so comfortable, and so is the maxi dress. Also, I wish you could see my top a little better in the second outfit... oh well. 
(On the left) Dress: Ross, shoes: bought somewhere in Russia
(On the right) Cardigan: Forever 21, top: thrifted, jeans: Old Navy, shoes: Ross


No comments:

Post a Comment