Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Printable Scripture Mastery Cards/Bookmarks

Seminary is getting closer and closer! I've been busy preparing lessons, getting materials together, and (to be honest) kind of dreading getting up early. I think I've been a little spoiled this summer!

seminary
Grumpy Cat always understands me.

This year, along with the new curriculum, eight of the twenty-five Book of Mormon Scripture Mastery scriptures are different. Unfortunately this means that a lot of the materials are still in the process of being updated, and a lot of the free printables and things I've been using from other seminary teachers are no longer current. Bummer! So... I made a couple of my own. I figured I would post them here just in case there are any other seminary teachers looking for something like this. Feel free to print or edit them any way you like! 

I made this one to be the same size as the new Scripture Mastery cards. Last year some of my students (and myself, to tell the truth...) had a hard time keeping track of their cards, so this year I put them on rings and added this list to the ring. I figure it is a good way for them to have everything in one place so it's easy to pull out and hopefully won't get misplaced as easily. 

(Left click to enlarge, right click to save and print)

To get the card the right size, I printed them as wallet sized pictures (on white cardstock). The tricky part is cutting them the right length because the new cards are kind of long. I messed up a couple of sheets, so... good luck! :)


Also, because of the way the new SM cards were printed, the only way to punch holes in the cards without losing text is to do it in one of the bottom corners. Keep that in mind if you plan on putting them on rings!

The finished product!

I also made a 4x6 version for my students to use as bookmarks, especially since we don't have the new ones put out by the church yet. (Plus these are cuter... which is very important, am I right? :P)

(Left click to enlarge, right click to save and print)
I plan on printing this on the back so they have a place to keep track of the scriptures they passed off besides the poster at the front of the class. This is partially because we had a couple problems with people putting stickers in the wrong places... sometimes accidentally, sometimes not. ;) 





Last one... I have had this quote hanging on the wall in front of the classroom and decided to make one that was a little more eye-catching (but still simple). 


The colors are a little dark in the download because my printer tends to print things lighter than they should be, so feel free to tweak the colors if it doesn't print quite the way you want. 

Here's how it looks in real life. See what I mean?



Well, there you have it! Let me know if you have any questions! Also, I plan on making (and posting) more seminary printables so if you have suggestions or ideas feel free to shoot me a comment or email. 

8 comments:

  1. I love your cards! Super cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't seem to work, I can't figure out how to download the cards? Are there cards? Is it in a pdf format? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robert! To download the cards just click on the image to enlarge it and then right click to save it to your computer and print. It is a .jpeg, not a .pdf format. If that doesn't work, shoot me an email at mikaelablogs@gmail.com and I can email them to you directly. Sorry for the trouble! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm having the same trouble as Robert above. These look fantastic! I would love to print them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it's not working for you! If the tips I gave to Robert (see my comment above) don't work for you, email me at mikaelablogs@gmail.com and I can send you the images directly. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I can save and print the Bookmark card and the Scripture Check off card, but do you have the actual scripture mastery verse cards? I don't see them on here anywhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not able to see any of the images even when I right clicked. Do you mind if I email you as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure thing! mikaelablogs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete