Friday, August 16, 2013

Pterodactyls, blackberry jam, and Duck Dynasty

Well, this week was a doozy. A real doozy. I am so thankful today is Friday. Rather than whine about everything that went screwy this week, although I am tempted, here's a list of five happy things. :)

1. We got to see our little jelly bean yesterday! Annnnd... I'm pretty sure I am going to give birth to a pterodactyl. Either that or a chicken.



(P.S. Here is an even more hilarious ultrasound picture... bahahaha!)

2. I needed to switch to a different OBGYN. Usually this would be no problem, but in a town that only has two of them and the one I wanted was supposedly not accepting new patients, it was kinda stressing me out a bit. That's a major understatement, by the way. If I couldn't switch I was going to have to find one somewhere else, and the idea of traveling to all my appointments didn't really appeal to me, but sticking with the one I have been seeing was not an option. 

A couple weeks ago I called to see if there was anything that they could do, anything at all. That's actually a really funny story, but long story short I guess sometimes being a somewhat emotionally unstable pregnant lady has its perks. I completely broke down in violent tears which conveniently touched the heart of the sweet receptionist who made it her personal mission to get me the good doctor. This week they called to let me know she decided to take me on, and I am so thankful for that. So thankful. She is much more supportive of the birth and pregnancy I want to have, and it really puts my mind at ease to have her as my doctor! 

3. I found a blackberry patch not to0 far away from our house and I picked enough to make a triple batch of jam. Now, homemade jam tastes much better on homemade bread, so I made my mama's whole wheat bread to go with it. It was so worth the time and effort to enjoy this deliciousness. Mmmmm... :)


4. Duck Dynasty started again this week! :D My husband and I are big fans. It's really nice to see a wholesome, hilarious, uplifting show for once... makes me happy, happy, happy. ;)





5. I get to visit my sister in CA very soon! I can't wait to go to the beach. As much as I love my mountains, there is something about the sand and the sea that makes me happy. P.S. She is pregnant with twin girls due about 2 months before our baby! So exciting! 

Happy Friday! :)

5 comments:

  1. So I'm STILL laughing about that ultrasound picture. Hahah. I love that you have such a good sense of humor about it. I'm so so happy that you were able to work things out to ba able to use the doctor of your choice! Being an overly emotional pregnant woman really does have its perks sometimes, huh? People kind of panic to give you want you want because uh... You're building another human. It's a big deal. And being able to har a doctor who will support you in your birth path is so so important! So yay! I want to hear about your birth plans.. You know I love talking about this stuff. Also, how have I STILL never seen this Duck Dynasty show everyone talks about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I want your bread recipe. Pleeeease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread and jam sounds delicious! I also switched OB's (with more options, though) and it was a comfort to me. It has to be done, sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ultrasound is the best, so funny. i'm glad you were able to find a good doctor who fits your needs, that sounds like one of the most important things ever. do you live up north btw or are you from nothern az? thx for your super sweet comment on my little norther az photoshoot!
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay babies! Congrats :) Good thing you got the doctor you wanted!

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete