Thursday, April 10, 2014

This makes it worth it

Eli has started sleeping much better lately, usually around 5-7 hours of solid sleep a night before waking up to eat. I'm starting to feel a little more human, and I'm very thankful for that!

He sleeps in his bouncer (it's the only comfortable position with his cast) in our room, but in the morning I often pull him into our bed so I can nurse him laying down, and then I keep him there because he is so snuggly and sweet that I don't want to put him back. 

I mean, just look at him. 


I love to snuggle up close with my nose to his head so I can soak up that sweet baby smell and kiss his soft little cheeks. And when I look over and see my other handsome boy sleeping next to me, I can't help but think about how lucky I am to have them both and it makes me so happy.

Even though I'm exhausted and stressed, and being a new mom is really hard sometimes, I find that all those things leave my mind when I make sure to enjoy peaceful moments like this when they come. 

And they always come, especially just when I feel like I'm about to go bonkers. Thank the heavens above for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment