Monday, May 5, 2014

Blessing Day

Little Eli's baby blessing was yesterday!


We packed our little Spanish branch full of family and friends who came for the occasion.


And little Eli James looked quite dapper in his (nontraditional) blessing outfit. 


The blessing went perfectly. Eli fussed a bit at first but then fell asleep. 


A sweet lady from our ward made him this white blanket that we wrapped him in for the blessing.


If you can't tell, he wasn't too pleased about being woken up for pictures. ;)


I'm so thankful for my little family. Becoming a mom has been quite an adjustment in some ways, but these handsome boys make me oh so happy. I think I'll keep them!

-----------------

P.S. If you are unfamiliar with baby blessings, here is a quick explanation that I found here:

"When babies are just a few weeks old, they are usually given a priesthood blessing for the special purpose of conferring a name by which the baby will be known and bestowing promises based on spiritual impressions regarding the baby's future life. A quality of prophecy attends this process. If a baby's father is a worthy holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood, he will usually pronounce the blessing, but it may be given by a grandfather, a family friend, or any other qualified priesthood holder chosen by the baby's parents. Babies are usually blessed in the presence of the congregation at a fast and testimony meeting. However, the blessing may be given at other times and places, such as in a hospital or home, if there is a special need."

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are so good about documenting your life events and stories consistently on here. I love reading them, and you'll be so glad to have this "journal" down the road, even if they are ahort and simple entries. I need to be better!! Ugggggh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short and simple is pretty much all I can do nowadays, but sometimes short and sweet is better anyway, right? I sure do miss reading/stalking your blog! I know you are one busy lady though... but hopefully you can start up again soon! ;)

      Delete