Sunday, July 6, 2014

'Merica!

We had a great, laid back 4th of July!


I made Eli his 'Merica onesie, which was unfortunately a little too big. I think he still looks darn cute though! He looks so big in this picture, especially with those baby jeans, and I just can't even handle it.


I got to see Chelsey and Brynlee, which is always fun! Here we are this year...


...and here we are exactly three years before, before we both had our ginger husbands and ginger babies. Look how little we were!


It started dumping rain on us right before the fireworks were supposed to start, and after waiting an hour we started loading up to head home when all of a sudden the show began! 


And the boys slept through the whole thing. Goofs.


The pyro in me has always loved fireworks. We were only about a 150-200 yards from where they set them off, so we had a great view. Some of them were almost directly overhead, and we had pieces of fireworks falling on us too! There are probably still some in the bed of our truck. Some of the pieces were still burning, so my brothers kept running around stomping on them just to make sure they were out. 


I also had fun playing with the settings on my camera to get these shots of the fireworks. It was a little tricky without a tripod, but some of them turned out kind of cool, I think.


Happy birthday, America! I'm so thankful for this country and the freedoms I have because of the sacrifices made by countless people. I know I take it for granted too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment