Wednesday, July 30, 2014

On babies, blogging, and balance

Lately I've had a hard time finding a good balance on this blog. As much as I love posting about my little man cub, I don't want baby pictures to take over completely, although it is just a fact of life that there will be plenty of baby talk since that is my full-time job now, after all. However, there's a lot more I want to write about. I just don't seem to have the time. And when I do have a second to sit down and write (with both hands, a rare luxury lately), by the time I've gotten my thoughts collected enough to form a coherent sentence I need go change a diaper or nurse or keep Eli from chewing on certain items that shouldn't be chewed on. (Note to self: no more taking shoes off in the living room.)

I have so many unfinished drafts saved that I want to work on, and thoughts in my head I want to write down. You know, I didn't realize just how much good it does me to write frequently until I no longer had the opportunity to do it whenever I had something to write about. It's kind of a bummer. I think one of my problems is that I take too darn long to write posts and overthink it too much. I need to just write and post without worrying too much about whether I said things just right. Better a post that is 75% good than a post that never gets finished at all, right?

That being said, here are some non-baby related things I want to write about:

  • I got my first StitchFix today! Short review: I was excited to get it and not so excited to see the prices. Oy.
  • Dallin and I celebrated our birthdays at the end of May and the beginning of June (they are only a few days apart which is kinda fun). I always have a hard time finding presents for him but I totally nailed it this year. I want to share what I got for him because it really provides a lot of insight into the kind of person he is. Hahaha. ;)
  • Dry shampoo has changed my life. For realz. 
  • I'm about to start my first real furniture refinishing project using DIY chalk paint. I just need to wait for a Saturday when Dallin can keep an eye on Eli.
  • I have discovered the world of super cheap wholesale clothing on Amazon. One of my current favorite shirts cost about $4 with free shipping. I figure that kinda evens out the StichFix price tag... right? (I wish!)
  • I've always got plenty of thoughts about feminism but I might just keep them to myself. I will say this, though: I love being a Mormon and a woman. 
  • I've been trying to add a little more greenery to our yard and house. It's kind of hard because plants don't last long under my neglectful care. I think I found some that might survive my black-kiss-of-death thumb, however, and this makes me happy!
  • My clothing choices have been much more bold lately. I'm wearing colors and prints I never would have dreamed of wearing a few years ago, and I absolutely love it.

And here's a picture of purty flowers. 'Cause wildflowers make me happy and I can't write a post without including a picture.

1 comment:

  1. There are seasons of life and that's only normal. I would say publish even when it's not perfect!

    ReplyDelete