Friday, December 5, 2014

Quick takes

Eli isn't much of a cryer. Usually if he is crying it means he wants food, and he wants it 15 minutes ago, and if he has to wait one more second he is going to die of starvation. Instead, he hollers as loud as he can when he wants something. It's hilarious to hear him squawk at us from his crib. It's a little less funny when it's in public when I am mean enough to not let him play with my phone.

Often he makes the goofiest little duck face that is almost always accompanied with heavy nasal breathing. We always do it back to him and he giggles. It's our favorite game.

Actually, that's not true. Our favorite game is hide-and-seek. I'll crawl down the hall and hide behind a door or around a corner, and call for him to come find me, and he'll crawl down there to investigate. At first he'll crawl as fast as he can, giggling and squealing, but once he gets closer he is quiet and alert as he tries to figure out where I am. When he finds me, he grins and his eyes light up. It makes me so happy every time! We play this game a lot.

Few things make him happier than going outside. I've been working hard to exercise several times a week, so we've been going on walks pretty frequently. He loves it, and it always makes me feel better too... win-win.

Eli always comes to me when I squat down and hold out my arms. He'll come close enough to grab on to my hands and then wait for me to pick him up. Lately he has started snuggling and hugging me sometimes too, and it just melts my heart. He's such a little sweetheart.

Nursing is still his favorite thing ever, so thankfully I still love it too. He likes to pat me, poke his fingers into my eyes/nose/mouth, and play with my shirt while he eats. Silly goose.


No comments:

Post a Comment